Technorati is the biggest and most important blog directory worldwide. Also search engines such as Google and Bing include data of Technorati to calculate their rankings. That’s why you should submit your blog to Technorati (claim your blog). It’s not difficult. Check out this step-by-step guide to submit your blog to Technorati:
1. First you have to login to your member account. If you don’t have an account yet, sign up for free and confirm your registration.
2. Go to your profile (technorati.com/account/), scroll down and start a blog claim:
Type in your blog URL and click on the claim button.
3. Fill in the necessary information (Blog Title, URL, Feed URL, categories, a site description and some keywords).
Then click on the button “Proceed to the next step”.
4. No it becomes a little bit tricky. Technorati wil send you an Email with a so called “claim token“. You have to include this token to a blog post so that Technorati can verify you as the owner of the blog.
Thank you for submitting your blog claim on Technorati. Technorati will need to verify that you are an author of the site http://www.socialmedialogue.com by looking for a unique code. We have just assigned the claim token JPWEWYPCPGAZ to this claim. Please visit http://technorati.com/account/ for more details, including how to use the claim token.
5. Now, return to your profile, click on the button “Check Claim” and follow the instructions:
To verify your claim token you have to post a new article and put the token (JPWEWYPCPGAZ) to the body of your article. You don’t need to add any other text. No worries! You will be able to delete this post after Technorati has accepted your claim.
6. After you have published your post with the claim token, click on the button “Verify Claim Token”:
Technorati will now evaluate your claim which may take some time. If Technoratis crawler finds your token on your blog, Technorati will review your blog and most probably index your future posts. But again the review may take quite a while. So be patient. Technorati will inform you via Email if they add your blog.
That was it! This process takes 10 minutes but it is worth it.
Today, 2 days later, I received the following Email. Voilà:
Congratulations, your claim is now complete! Please allow 24 to 48 hours for Authority and recent posts to begin showing for your site now that it has been successfully claimed. Once they are there, we will update your site’s Authority once per day.
At first you may not see your site listed in the Technorati Blog Directory for all of the categories you’ve selected. As you write blog posts around those topics, you should see your Topical Authority in those categories begin to rise.
What people are looking for:
submit to technorati | submit site to technorati |