Having interaction with your existing and potential clients on your own website gives you a great opportunity to execute your social media strategy on a platform you totally control yourself. You might even argue that your own blog should be the backbone of your social media strategy. You can spread your blogpost through other social media to start the conversation. You can let your followers know through Twitter and Facebook that you published a new blog post. You can also put a “Follow us on Twitter/Facebook”-button on your blog. This way you create two way traffic.
Once you start your own blog you’ll probably have plenty ideas for topics you can write about. After a while it might happen that you run out of ideas and you keep staring at a blanc screen waiting for the words to magically appear. Does this sound familiar?
Here are a couple of tips that might help you to keep you blogging. Nothing is worse than a blog which was updated a year ago for the last time.
- Write posts in advance. When you are in a creative mood, write as many as you can. This way you can keep up a posting regularity. In times of no inspiration you can use your earlier written articles as a back up.
- Create an idea list. Write down as many subjects that might be interesting for you and your readers. When you don’t know where to write about, you can pick a subject from your idea list.
- Write your thoughts down immediately when you feel a flow of inspiration coming up. No matter where you are or what you’re doing. Don’t suppose that you will remember it and write it down later. Usually you forget how to put your brilliant thoughts into words very quick.
- Just start writing about a topic of your interest. Even if your output is not as good as you wish. The process of writing stimulates you to structure your thoughts and come up with new ideas at the same time.
- Get inspiration from your readers and followers. Are there any comments you can elaborate on? Interesting other perspectives or criticism? These are good sources for inspiration.
If this doesn’t help at all you might want to look at the ‘100 sources of Blogging Inspiration‘ of Ink Rebels. This is a great list of subjects and sources to get new ideas for your blog posts. This list should provide you with enough new ideas to keep on blogging! Some examples:
53. Interview someone interesting
54. Interact with someone in person or in a platform like Google wave
55. Invite a guest writer
56. Think about conversations you’ve had with friends in person or on the phone
57. Praise another blogger that you really admire
58. Talk to other bloggers and exchange ideas
59. Expand on someone else’s post
60. Write about a success story
Did this post help you to get new ideas? What are your ways to get new inspiration for your blog posts? Please share them with us.